Biology Movie Project-
The purpose of this project was to create a film touching on the science subjects of DNA, and mitosis and meiosis. Our class came up with the idea to try and make a movie similar to Gattaca, based around a genetic mutation. For me, I helped a little bit with the script at the beginning, but got moved around to help with the technical production. As a class we met this purpose by creating a movie. For this project, what I think I did well was being flexible with whatever they needed. I had helped with the script, posed as an extra and helped with the technical production. As a whole class, I think we did really well on brainstorming different ideas we could use for the project. On a personal level, challenges that I faced was not sure what to do some days, because sometimes they didn’t need my help for anything so I had nothing to do for that day, and I couldn’t work on anything else to be productive. As a whole class, challenges we faced was lack of clear communication and lack of productivity. I think we handled the class challenge well by facilitating a RJ circle. Collaboration on this project in my opinion, was poor. We had a few leaders, which was great, but it didn’t feel like they would take in other people's ideas. If I were to do this project again, I think I would be more firm on my ideas instead of letting people push it under the rug and not take it in, and also have a set role. I think overall this project was a good idea, it just needed a bit more structure to it.